The NLP Research and Recognition Project
The NLP Research and Recognition Project Inc. (R and R) is an effort to develop a well funded program to network, support and participate in the long needed research of NLP and to gather the recognition necessary for its widespread practice. It was started in November of 2006.
Its specific goals are:
1. Develop, support and communicate the development of research which serve to provide basic scientific validity for NLP and allied techniques as well as the continued refinement and development of such techniques in the U.S. and abroad.
2. Establish NLP treatment centers of excellence for certain “diseases” such as asthma, phobias, anxiety disorders, post traumatic stress, depression, etc. as well as adjunctive health aids.
3. Identify professionally approved academic programs, here and abroad, in Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry, Social Work and allied mental health fields and work with them to integrate NLP and allied methodology into their practice.
4. Develop continuing educational credits for learning NLP and allied clinical skills for the National Professional Organizations of Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, etc.
5. Develop University and Hospital based clearinghouses for the evaluation of utilization protocols, here and abroad.
6. Develop the economic and organizational resources to continue to accomplish these goals for a long term future.
As the first step, we needed to recruit sufficient NLP expertise and political support to represent the NLP community and assume a peer position among its leading organizations. That first stage is completed. It was accomplished by the direct recruitment of like minded NLP practitioners and the help of the Institute for the Advanced Studies of Health (IASH) not-for-profit corporation. Their combined volunteer efforts produced the following accomplishments.
1. A NotFor Profit Incorporation with committed leadership from experienced personnel encompassing business, academic, NLP, research and politics, sufficient to manage the multimillion dollar task at hand.
2. A marketing campaign that netted the formal support of over forty NLP Institutes, two University Departments and five hundred multi-talented volunteers.
3. The submission of three state of the art scientific studies on the efficacy of NLP treatment of Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), ($2,000,000 to $3,000,000 Total)
4. The largest Online NLP Research Library in the world.
5. Preparation of NLP Papers for National Conventions aimed at bringing NLP onto the active national research stage beginning with the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies and followed by supporting NLP Research Conventions here and abroad. with the Institute for Advanced Studies of Health, (U.S.); The International NLP Research Conference, U. of Surrey (UK), and the European NLP Conference in Spain (EURO).
NOTE: More “About Us” information is contained in the About Us drop down choices. Topics include, Board of Trustees, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Research Team, Marketing Team, Volunteers, Operations, and Mission Statement.